Thursday, December 10, 2009

Little Drummer Boy

Feeling a little bit like the drummer boy today.

I love that song. Love it. Almost every rendition too.

Have you listned to it recently? The drummer boy has nothing to give the King. Ever feel like that??

I know my posts my seem kinda depressing lately. I'm not depressed. Just busy trying to clean a home, and thinking about my life.

The truth of it is, I am not the drummer boy. I have a rich, rich life... but sometimes we don't think we have it all so good.

My hubby is a Dr. that travels to people's homes to treat them there when they cannot get out to a doctor's office. He has helped so many people, and sometimes in critical moments, like the other day when he walked into a patient's home to find her on the floor. Who knows how long she would've been stuck there, unable to get up or call for help without him walking in on her. He is amazing in our family life too.

Then there is me. Stuck here. In the freezing cold. Attempting to clean a house. With 3-4 kids with me at all times. I offer what again??? I mean, we have learned from older posts that my cleaning skills are not so good apparently....
I'm not out reaching the masses. I have no big fancy public status. I don't have money to change someone's life.

My mind drew a blank. What did I have to offer the King?..... um.... just me. That's all. Maybe there is more that I can't think of, but still, right now, I can't think of something great I can do for the King. Frankly, I'm having a hard time thinking of a small thing I could give Him.

(Yes, yes, I know... raising kids for God is huge, important.... etc, etc. But when you're in the trenches and it feels like they are not 'hearing' you at all sometimes....)

So as I was rockin' around the kitchen this morning while that song played on the radio and I was feeding rice cereal to the baby, I could really relate to that little Drummer Boy.

All I have is me. Thankfully, that - is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment