Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Put That Thing Back Where It Came From


So here we are in the Christmas season. Festive stores, music, entertainment, clothing and blogs.

And yet, I am here a few days before Christmas writing to you about.... boogers.

Sorry. I'm a mom. And mom-hood never stops. Not even at Christmas. Oh well.

We were driving around town in our new minivan yesterday. Ahh....love the new ride. We were running errands and my three year old makes an announcement from the middle row of seats.

"Mom! I found a booger!!" (said rather excitedly. more like she just found a pot of gold. ehhh....pardon the pun)

"Where did you find it?" I ask. (knowing full well, but enjoying the craziness of a conversation with a three year old.)

"In my nose!!" (imagine that!!)

Not wanting to have a booger wiped on our new car, or wanting to establish that as 'okay' behavior, I sugggested she put it on her blankie she brought with her. I figured this would make her think twice about it since her blankie is so treasured.

I was right about her thinking twice, but she still managed to surprise me with what came next.

"I'll just put it back...."

I'm sitting at a red light turned towards my daughter - and I see her refuse to wipe the offender on the blanket, look at it, and then shove it and the finger deep into her nose!! Aaghhh! I didn't know if I should laugh or scream. ;)

Ahh... the joys of motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment