Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Solace by Design

Sometimes, it feels like most of my house looks like this:



I love to have a vibrant and colorful house (walls). I don't mean to sound un-PC here, but remember that I'M not the person who said this. ....Do you remember the movie Fools Rush In in which a Latina wife painted every wall of her home a bright and different color?? Well, my home is not like that - exactly... but I don't have white walls either. And this is the comment I got one day: I have company over and they were seeing the walls for the first time. They remarked that "When you move, you'll have to sell your house to Mexicans."

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold the phone. Don't get mad at me for repeating that. If you think about it, it could be a huge compliment. I'm just trying to get my design for the house communicated to you. I don't like bland. On the other hand, I don't have teal or orange walls. I fall somewhere in between.

But I like solace too. Peace. Quiet. Sophisticated beauty.
Hence, welcome to the master bedroom. The room is not boring. The walls are not white, but a warm, inviting, and calming... beige. The entire room is beige, black, and white. And I love it. The lack of color is really peaceful. Different. Serene. It is not lacking for patterns I guarantee. The *damask* pattern repeats throughout the room - as does a vintage couture feel. Art and a knick-knack here or there with mens and ladies hats/shoes/dresses on them. All in beige, black or white.

Well, you get the idea. I got new towels for Christmas from my rocking sis (SIL) - and I wanted to show off the new look. I love it!!! Thanks my sista! You be rocking our bathroom now!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment