Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas in the real world

You can be all Martha-Stewartish this season and brag about how you are making precious perfect Christmas cookies with your babies at your side. You can tell me how you all dressed in 19th century garb and caroled your neighborhood and then the retirement home. You can say you served soup with your children at the homeless shelter,...blah, blah, blah.... and the list goes on and on. All with perfectly well-behaved children in tow, right?? I'm sure you would tell me that your kids aren't fussy, or crying at all, right?

Can I move to your world??

I will admit that I am exaggerating a bit, but doesn't it ever feel for like this:
"Stop crying and smile for this picture... or I'm gonna swat ya!"

"Hurry up and GET OFF THE FLOOR, you're messing up your hair - and get over here to get on your Chirstmas dress!"

"GET IN THE CAR! We are late for the Christmas service!"

"Stop WHINING - this is supposed to be fun. NOW START HAVING FUN!"

Overall, my kids are REALLY good kids. Today is a tough day and I admit it. I'm stressed out and not ready for Christmas (so, you know, I'm writing on my blog....), and the kids are having an off day. All that "wrapped" into one and it turns out it is not a fun 'present' today. But, alas, it is finally nap time. Time to push the reset button. I ate food. That always seems to help. :) I jumped on here to say hello to y'all, and hopefully rested children will wake up with sweet spirits, cute smiles and a happy outlook!

Wishing you a merry Christmas and hoping you have time to hurry up and rest!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment