Monday, February 8, 2010

almost there

The house is still in major flux, but we are getting there.

The livingroom is painted and looks beautimous, but I hesitate to photograph it for you because it is not set up just right. That is because the basement isn't finished yet, and the livingroom is babysitting some of the downstairs furniture for me. ;)

The kitchen - I painted the green walls (two walls were green, two were red) last night. They are now orange. The upstairs of our home now looks like a Tuscan sunset. Beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow fill the main living area. (kitchen/dining/livingroom)But the furniture is still out of place and I need to hang up the kitchen window shades...etc.

My hand is basically *permanently* cramped in the position of holding a paint roller, but the house is looking good. For those of you who have actually been here.... it looks as though we have moved. The basement is almost a livable new space, the upstairs has almost been completely re-painted. The colors are so new it feels like we moved. Plus, to be honest, we have moved enough furniture that well...we might as well have moved. Last night we moved all the furniture downstairs for the drywallers - third time. And still will be doing it again.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering - my whole house if covered with dust from the drywall. I keep dusting - but it just keeps coming.

I will get pics up when it looks a little more finished.

Doesn't it seem like sometimes everyone in the world is having a baby? Or getting married? Well, right now it is strange. I feel like everyone I know is getting ready to move, to sell their home, has their home listed... and then there is us. We may as well have moved - from all the packing and moving and working we are doing. So... I guess it is the phase of life of 'new' homes!! Fun! Exciting! Exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment