Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines

My Valentine's Day as pertaining to school children:
Two days prior, I talk to some other parent on the phone late at night and realize my own son has to bring 24 Valentines to school in two days.

I don't feel like running to the store or spending money so people can throw it in the trash right now, so hubs and I sit on the livingroom floor and cut out 24 hearts, 24 rectangles, write words of love, and tie them together with pipecleaners.

The next day my son signs them all.

The next day is the party. He brings treats, the Valentines, and I surprise him at the party.

Valentine's Day as pertaining to a certain mom in Alex's class:
Make 24 cloth bags.
Make sure that they all have a matching satin ribbon drawstring.
Fill bag with mini clay pot, dirt pack and flower seeds.
Fill with three candies.
Fill with handmade Valentine.
(I think there was something else)

So I ask - how much time does this lady have??? I mean, it was sweet. It was cute. But seriously.

So, the little bag sits in our trash can, and I have to ask, was it worth it?? I mean, good job on showing up all us other parents, but really. ;)

Anyway, my son had a great time - what kid doesn't love parties! He got tattoos, and candy and love notes and plants, and playdoh. It just doesn't get much better than that for a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment