Thursday, February 4, 2010

Completely random musings~

I wonder what it would be like if instead of sleep talking, someone was sleep writing. Umm... probably like this post.

A few years ago when I had an annual eye Dr. appt., the doctor told me I was sleeping with my eyes open.

uh- what??? I know. I said the same thing.

She said the dryness at the lower edge of my eye (which I didn't even know was dry) was caused by sleeping with my eyes just barely open. Okay... thanks for the interesting info doc!

I guess I can tell my kids I actually can sleep with at least one eye open - so they better watch out!!

Anyway....last night I'm SURE I did it again. My eyes were burning - even in the middle of the night. We went to bed at 10 but were awakened at 1am because the baby was crying. I don't normally nurse her at night, but I felt I had to last night because her eating was sooo off during the day. So after 30 minutes of her not crying herself to sleep, I fed her. Then, I laid there, awake in bed until 3:26 - at least that was the last time I looked at the clock.

Then I slept again until 6:30.

Why am I telling you this?? I know I had a point..... um... oh. Just that I am so freakin tired and my eyes are burning. Is it because I have been putting in long 'hard' hours? Is it because I only got 3 hours of sleep at a time last night?? Is it because I think I was sleeping with my eyes open?? I don't know.

But I do know this: Last night when I actually was asleep, I dreamt I was hanging drywall. I remember saying how heavy it was, and how tired and sore my arms were.

I wish I dreamt I was on a Caribbean cruise. I wish I was thinking how warm and beautiful and amazing it was. I wish I remember thinking the sand was squishy between my toes and that the top deck hot-tub felt great under the big ocean night sky.

Instead I dreamt about drywall. Oh well!! At least the basement is coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment