Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Basement news

To clarify, I do know that yesterday's post was a little dis-jointed. (in the flow of the story/information)

I think you should know though, that if I didn't mention it, we are pulling some very long days around here.... for the last two days straight we have been up working by 6:20 in the morning, and not crashing in bed until almost midnight. And, I might add, we are not just awake for those hours, we are working our butts off! :) ha!

So, as sleep deprivation mounts, I will try to be cohesive.

We have been using our unfinished basement for 5+ years. It had one outlet (for electricity) and three light bulbs. You make due. You don't complain, you enjoy and use the space the best you can. But... there is only so much you can do with one outlet and no walls to hang stuff on. (like shelves for your junk)

We 'stole' new carpet from model home dumpsters (where the excess is thrown out) and we had a carpeted, mostly usable family room. Now, the family room and laundry room area of the basement is being turned into:
One amazing bathroom (trust me)
A furnace/water heater area
A small play room
My son's (all ready finished by my hubby) room
A large family room
A cool craft room/office that adjoins that by double pocket doors. (very cool)
Another bedroom
My laundry room
And lastly, a small storage area.

AAHHH! I'm so excited. But let me say this. That basement was FULL of ...STUFF. We have been working stinkin super hard to clean it out. And I'm proud to say that now, it is just a washer, dryer, and concrete. And... my muscles are exhausted!! ;)

Yesterday I moved all the furniture again. (we moved it for the drywallers and this will continue as their work progresses) I rolled up the carpet. Ummm.. I did other stuff... but I forget. Oh.. and the paint job in the living room is not quite done yet. Still have work to do up there. And I was registering a child for school this morning at the district building. And we are trying to plan a 'real' vacation. (we haven't had one in years) And we have friends coming from Nashville right before we leave on vacation... and the list of life goes on. But... in the meantime...let me brag on my hubby's and my work. Here is what the basement looks like....



The drywall arrived:

1 comment:

  1. Very cool and exciting! Can't wait to see the process and finished product! I am sure you are thinking the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete