Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Hot Date

First of all, I would like to say that my son can spell 'love' - but I guess when you are learning so many words at once, some of them slip your mind once in awhile.... (this is regarding yesterday's post)

So, yesterday was a great day. Wowsers. I would love to have a day like that everyday. We had a rockin' awesome (and healthy) dinner, I ran errands, the kids were good, and the house got attention. After dinner, Alex asked me if he could go on a date with me.

Awww... :) heart swells....

He wanted to go to the mall, and I knew why: the .25 candy carts. I made sure to put a quarter in my pocket and we were off. I asked him as we drove there, what his plan was for our date. He said he wanted to find a candy cart (of course) ;) and then we could go to the pet store, and then to the store that started with an "M".

"Macy's??" I asked.
"yeah"
"Why do you want to go to Macy's??"
"To look at dresses."
Okay. Weird. Why does my six year old BOY want to look at dresses? But I drove along and let it go.

We get to the mall. We find the candy cart. We eat candy Lego's. We go to the pet store. I fall in love with a Yorkie similar to one we had as newlyweds. We go to Macy's.

My son stops short. "Okay mom," he says, "you can look at dresses now. This is your part of the date. You can do whatever you want."

Oh be still my heart. He planned for ME to look at the dresses. He thinks that is important to me (and apparently a girlie thing to do). Awwww.... So we looked at a couple fancy dresses and I asked him if he had enough energy to walk down to Sears to see the carpet shampoo-ers. (I mean, if it is my part of the date - that is something I actually want to do...)

So we go to Sears, we have a good time over the course of the date and we head home. While driving, I say that looking at the puppies was fun. My sweet boy tells me that the best part of the date - was spending time with me. He says this a few times on the way home.

Sometimes, as much as you or I may not want to admit it, one child may be our 'tough' one of the moment, or our 'easy' one of the moment. Lately, Alex has been a challenge. Tough. Keeping my on my parenting toes. But yesterday he just won himself a spot right back to - 'best child EVER'! I am a blessed mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment