Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Flying high with the Hubs

We went to watch Avatar last night. I would have prefered to watch a chick flick, but agreed to go anyway. I wasn't initally interested in the movie - but I figured, hey, he's watched thousands of hours of chick flicks, so I'll do this with him.

Plus... a night out without kids... who can not be excited about that??

Turns out, the movie ain't half bad. ;)

(This is not, repeat, not, a spoiler) If you have not seen the movie, there are these giant bird-type-dinosaur things that the people fly/ride on. It's cool. (said ever so nonchalantly)

But to men - it seems they are COOOOOOLLLLL! I'm only saying this, because when we got in our minivan to go pick up the kids after the flick, my husband starts driving the van as if he is on the back of a giant beast. Swerve....zoom..... pull up....dive right.... It was kinda fun to watch, and at the same time kinda terrifying. ha!

Actually, I was holding on for dear life.

I was seeing one of my husband's fantasys (flying - not stunt driving) lived out in front of me. "Did you like the movie?" I ask.
"Yeah. Totally cool. ....Wouldn't it be fun to fly on birds like that??"

Ah-ha!! I knew it. I encouraged him to drive like a not-crazy person, so we could survive the ride home and potentially dream about flying once asleep safely in our beds.

I used to dream about flying when I was a kid. And I still think it would be totally awesome - just not from the passenger seat of a minivan! :)

Thanks for a great date night honey!! You make life so very full of memories and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment