Friday, January 15, 2010

His Favorite

My son is in first grade. His school is not all that advanced - but average. Average in a good kind of way. I mean, he can read, but the first graders there aren't doing division or dissecting frogs.

That is the background that makes this statement all the funnier to me.
He is in the bath: "Mom, 'I have a dream', that is the speech from Martin Luther King Jr."
"Yep. I know...."
"That is my favorite speech. Well, actually... my favorite speech of his."

Clearly you can see what the current curriculum is at school. What is funny, is that I didn't know he had any other speeches to reference to make that his favorite. Nor did I know he was familiar with other MLK speeches. Whaddya know? Maybe that school is more advanced than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment