Sunday, January 10, 2010

Su Casa es Mi Casa

I'm back! Being gone for the weekend felt like a long break from y'all!! Sheesh!
Here's what went down in our family life on Saturday:

We were invited to a friend's house for dinner that night. They are really good friends and we feel comfortable hangin' with them. And, I know, if you didn't already catch it - that the title of this post is, not only Espanol, but reversed. I just thought it was appropriate for the title since we apparently consider their house our house.

During dinner I decided the meatloaf wasn't enough... I needed.... something.... I know! -Ranch Dressing. Maybe BBQ sauce, but I knew for sure they had Ranch. Know what I did? Even though the Ranch was not on the table or even offered.... I stood up during dinner and went hunting for it. I did this without even asking or announcing what I was doing. I just started rummaging through the fridge. Is it insulting to find a sauce for your host's meat dish?? Probably. The meatloaf was really good! Mind you, these people could open a restaurant because that is how talented they are in the kitchen. But, that didn't stop me...

I know, I know... appalling. You are wondering how many friends I actually have?? Well... a couple. And now you know why..... *wink wink*

Then, as if that is not crazy enough behavior - my three year old who is wearing their daughter's dress up clothes (yes, both older girls basically got naked at their house) didn't make it to the toilet in time and peed on their rug and bathroom floor. Hello!!! Actually, she tried to get there, and she did - but just failed to get the beautiful and elaborate dress-up dress hiked up past her waistline.

She comes and tells me about the accident (thank God) and I ask our host what she would like me to clean it up with. My daughter, in the meantime, is running through their house completely buck naked. Oh.... so fun..... so fun....

We get invited somewhere for dinner and this is what our family acts like??? ;) We definitely need to get out more!!

The adventure doesn't end there though. The night got even more exciting once we got home. Check back tomorrow so you can find out what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment