Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just so you know...

Cavities on your tooth next to the gum line - are not fun.

I had two that I learned about a few weeks ago and today was the day to fill them.

Here's the mini recap for ya!
I have a swab of the "dentist orajel" put on my gum to make the shot easier.
Ten minutes later, I have a second swab applied. I'm thinking I'm good to go and won't feel the shot.

I have the shot. Still feel it. (BTW) Just thought you would like to know that. ....Still feel the shot.

A few more minutes go by.

"Is your lip numb ma'am?? Does it feel big and fat???"

Nope. Bum. Here comes shot number two.
"Don't worry ma'am, between the swabs and the other shot you just had, you won't feel this second shot."

Baloney. Felt that one too. (not much - but who wants to feel a needle in their gum - ever???)

Now my lip is big and fat and numb. And my tongue. And my cheek.

They begin work.
The first drilling didn't hurt. But, just so you know.... I felt all the other stuff they did.

Apparently.... cavities on the gum line can still be felt when getting them filled, because it is a sensitive area. This is what the nice lady tells me when we are all done and I say I'm sure glad I had that second shot!

Moral of the story: Don't get a cavity on your tooth near the gum line. That area will NOT numb completely, even after two shots, and it is no fun..... just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment